1. Our Client
- A national infrastructure provider, over 35000 employees.
- Acutely aware that poor communication was costing the business £millions per annum at a time of reducing budgets.
- Requiring us to overhaul both written and verbal communication, transform the ability to pitch for new business and to improve internal communications.
2. The challenges faced:
- Operating in a highly regulated and politically charged market place.
- A willingness to act, but not knowing how to change.
- Decision-making fragmented and inconsistent.
- Low retention rate within some teams.
- Very technical workforce – highly intelligent engineers, not always great communicators.
- Cultural change necessary to implement behavioural change.
- To integrate an internal training academy.
3. Actions taken to address the challenges:
- Developed and enhanced the individual writing styles, presentation styles and delivery for over 1500 managers.
- Developed company messages and USPs.
- Facilitated monthly meetings creating a more honest and transparent working environment.
- Designed and delivered an internal support programme.
- Designed and ran a bespoke ‘high performing teams’ programme for the most critical teams.
- Integrated an internal training academy.
- Regular senior management business mentoring.
- Regular business coaching delivered within the organisation, and cross-industry.
- Identified areas of growth potential.
- Created internal communication manuals
4. The process involved:
- Increasing business networks and developing existing client and co-worker relationships.
- Creating open, transparent communication channels throughout the organisation.
- Constant feedback to senior managers and team leaders.
5. Our actions resulted in:
- Additional opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Increased pitch win ratio.
- Significantly improved and consistent writing, presentation and pitching skills within all leadership teams.
- A willingness to embrace change, against a backdrop of many years of ingrained cultural indifference.
- An embedded internal training culture.
6. The review process involved:
- Maintaining accountability throughout the organisation.
- Ongoing ‘team’ feedback.
- Monthly ‘set-aside’ time for all stakeholders and 6-monthly review.
- Ongoing training for new appointees to foster consistent approach.
- Ensuring ongoing cultural and organisational change.
- Regular review meetings with all department Heads.